Notice on Updating China Visa Policy
2022-06-16 21:13

The Chinese Embassy in Timor-Leste will adjust the visa policy for foreign nationals to visit China starting from June 16 as follows:

Application Procedure

1. Applicants are required to log on and fill in the visa application form online.

2. Log on to make an appointment.

3. Print out the application form and confirmation page , and sign on the confirmation page.

4. Submit the print-out application form and confirmation page together with passport and other supporting documents to the Chinese Embassy in Timor-Leste at the appointed time.

Holders of diplomatic and service(official) passports are exempted from prior appointment, only need to fill in the online visa application form at, print out the application form and confirmation page, and submit the confirmation page with signature, application form, together with passport and other supporting documents to the Chinese Embassy in Timor-Leste.

Scope of Service

Categories of   Visa


Required Documents



Issued to those who   intend to go to China for commercial and technology activities.

Invitation letter issued   by the central and state organs, central enterprises, foreign affairs and   commercial departments of provincial governments, and foreign affairs   departments of municipal governments


Issued to those who   intend to work in China.

Effective “Notification   Letter of Foreigner's Work Permit” or the original “Foreigner's Work Permit”



Issued to foreign family   members of Chinese citizens or foreign family members of foreigners with   permanent residence status in China. "family members" refers to   spouses, parents, parents-in-law, children, spouses of children, brothers and   sisters, grandparents and grandchildren.

① Certification   (marriage certificate, birth certificate, household register, certification   of kinship issued by Public Security Bureau or notarized certification of   kinship) showing the relationship of family members between applicant and   inviting individual② An invitation letter issued by a Chinese citizen or a   foreign citizen with a Chinese permanent residence permit who lives in   China③ Proof of the  inviting individual's Chinese identity (e.g. Chinese ID   card, household register), or foreigner's passport and Chinese permanent   residence permit 



Issued to spouse,   parents, children under the age of 18, parents of the spouse of the holder of   a Z visa or work category residence permit.  

① Original certification   (marriage certificate, birth certificate, certification of kinship or   notarized certification of kinship) showing the relationship of immediate   family members between applicants and inviting individual② An invitation   letter from the inviting individual (a foreigner who stays or resides in   China for work)③ A photocopy of the inviting individual's passport and   residence permit.


For emergency   humanitarian visas, such as those for funerals or visits to critically ill   relatives in China.

The identity documents   of the deceased or ill relative (e.g. foreigner's passport, etc.), a death   certificate or a certificate of diagnosis, critical illness notice issued by   a hospital, proof of kinship, etc. shall be submitted.


Issued to those who are   high-level talents or whose skills are urgently needed in China.

“Confirmation Letter for High Level   Foreign Talents”. Spouses and children under the age of 18 submit proof of   relationship (e.g. marriage certificate, birth certificate) to apply for an   S2 visa.


Issued to crew members.

A letter of guarantee   issued by a foreign transport company or an invitation letter issued by a   relevant entity in China


Foreign nationals should be vaccinated before entering China, with COVID-19 vaccines should be approved for emergency use or licensed for use by China or WHO.

Consultation Tel: 00670-3325169


Suggest to a Friend: